The Green Initiative
ESRA is proud to join the IAPCO pledge to rid meetings of single-use plastic and supports the Eventex “We are green” initiative
ESRA is proud to join the IAPCO pledge to rid meetings of single-use plastic.
At ESRA 2019 we are planning to limit to a minimum the use of non-recyclable plastic from the entire Congress.
- We will replace it with biodegradable or recyclable options.
- We also plan to end the use of single-use plastic water bottles by offering coolers with glasses, durable water bottles, or glass water bottles.
- We will try to collect and recycle as much of the materials we have used for branding the venue (e.g. banners). Paper printing will be limited due to the use of an app during the event holding all needed information.
The “We are green” initiative is part of Eventex’s commitment to raise environmental awareness, inspire a more sustainable approach in the event industry and build a community of green-thinking event organizers. The “We are green” badge is given to upcoming events that commit to implement at least 3 of the 10 green practices listed below.
The 10 Eventex “We are green” practices:
- Choose sustainable venue
- Reduce single-use plastics
- Reduce paper use
- Go for sustainable catering
- Reduce to a minimum standard gifts/giveaways or choose sustainable options
- Inspire sustainable practices at the event
- Save energy
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from event-related transport
- Recycling and/or composting
- Carbon offset programs